Radiographs allow us to see everything we cannot see with our own eyes such as:
- detect cavities in between your teeth
- determine bone level and health of bone
- examine the roots and nerves of teeth
- diagnose lesions such as cysts or tumors
- assess damage when trauma occurs
Digital X-rays offer more precision since we view the image on a computer monitor and we are able to zoom in on questionable areas to get a better view, instead of holding up a 35mm film up to the light. We can store them better and last but not least, Digital X-rays also results in 1/6th the radiation exposure to you.